I am Kirti, a passionate and experienced Counsellor who has worked children, teenagers, middle-aged adults, and elderly from diverse backgrounds as they deal with social-emotional, behavioural and psychological issues which includes Anxiety, Depression, Fear, Relationship, Stress, Grief and Past Trauma.
Get to know Kirti Dodani.
Whilst utilizing my skills and wealth of experience obtained from my professional and
personal experiences, I am adept at tailoring sessions to best promote results in each session. I possess excellent interpersonal skills and communication skills and I am warm,
compassionate, and non-judgmental to clients.
I strongly believe that each individual is unique, and therapy hence should be tailored
accordingly. I am adept at tailoring sessions to best promote results in each case, well-
practiced in psychodynamic therapy and familiar with CBT, systemic and mindfulness
approaches. By being genuine in my approach, empathetic of other people's point of view and providing unconditional acceptance, I establish an atmosphere of positive change by encouraging clients to explore their feelings and emotions and to reflect on what is happening to them. I believes that by using these techniques, I am competent in helping people begin their journey towards unlocking a new and better life for themselves.
I am a conscientious practitioner with exceptional organizational and communication skills,
driven to nurture and care for those fragile minds in today's challenging and competitive society.
When I’m not working, I’ll be either whipping up new dishes in the kitchen or taking a stroll
along the beach with my family.
Qualifications and Credentials
- Foundation Diploma in Systemic Grief and Bereavement Care
- Master of Guidance and Counselling (James Cook University Singapore)
- Bachelor of Psychology (James Cook University Singapore)
- Provisional Clinical Member (Singapore Association for Counselling)
- Associate Member (Association of Professionals Specialising in Addiction Counselling)
Continuing Education & Trainings
- Basic Skills on Mental Health in Community Services
- Individualized Care Planning for Clients in Welfare Homes
- 3rd Asia Pacific Behavioural and Addiction Medicine Conference
- Certified Addiction Counsellor Training Course 2018
- Co-Parenting: Navigating Through Conflict
- Grief and Bereavement Conference
- FSC On-Boarding Training Programme
- Community Mental Health Training
- Management of Family Violence: Introduction
- The ADAPTS Model: Grief Assessment & Intervention
- Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training (ASIST)
Saturdays and Sundays, 9AM to 8PM
Let's Get in Touch
We offer a 15-minute free consultation via phone call or text messaging.