I am Shalene, a passionate and experienced counsellor who has worked extensively with children, adolescents, and adults. My approach is relational, authentic and person-centered.
Get to know Shalene.
During my sessions, I provide a safe space for my clients to express themselves freely and
believe that counselling is a collaborative journey involving respect, honesty, genuineness and empathy with the aim to enhance one’s satisfaction and quality of life.
In the process of the therapeutic journey, I have worked with clients through emotional and
mental health conditions such as trauma and abuse, emotional dysregulation, suicidal
ideations, struggles with self-esteem and self-image, depression, stress, anxiety and addictions. I have also supported clients through goal setting across various life stages as well as making sense of life where they feel stagnated or overwhelmed.
I recognize that every individual is special and unique, and therefore I tend to adapt the
sessions to best fit the needs of the clients using a variety of modalities as well as capitalizing on the client’s individual strengths.
I believe that the counselling process is an experience of growth, not only for the client, but for myself as a therapist as well. I am dedicated and committed to continuous learning, to be able to provide my clients with a meaningful experience.
When I am not working, you will find me with my friends searching for nice cafes with good
coffee, enjoying the stillness of the evening through plane watching and taking long scenic
drives with no real destination in mind.
Qualifications and Credentials
- Master of Social Science, Professional Counselling (Swinburne University of Technology)
- Advanced Certificate in Cognitive Behavioural Interventions (Swinburne University of Technology)
- Bachelor of Science in Behavioral Studies, Psychology (Oklahoma City University)
- Certificate of Supervision for the Social Services
- Provisional Clinical Member of SAC
Continuing Education & Trainings
- Choice Theory, Reality Therapy and Lead Management
- Crisis Support for Children and Youth
- Engaging Families – Working with Resistance
- Facilitating Restorative Conferences
- Family Engagement and Empowerment
- Restorative Practices Framework
- Trauma Informed Positive Behavioural Interventions and Supports
- Trauma Systems Therapy
- Window on Addictions
Saturdays and Sundays, 9AM to 8PM
Let's Get in Touch
We offer a 15-minute free consultation via phone call or text messaging.